(Family Features) Whether cleaning up after a busy weekend or hosting company, having a few quick kitchen shortcuts on hand is a great way to be prepared for whatever life brings. Many of the best shortcuts come from switching things up and using typical kitchen items in not-so-typical ways.
Aside from being the de facto mess cleaner, paper towels are among the most versatile kitchen tools you can have on hand. They can prolong the life of produce, be used to prep beverages and clean up spills. In fact, paper towels have so many uses, they may render some kitchen “staples” unnecessary.
Check out these tips from Viva Vantage paper towels that show you how to switch-up your kitchen routines and tap the full potential of the paper towel:
- Ditch the bulky colander in favor of a paper towel. Place veggies and fruit on a sheet of paper towels under a running faucet to function as a strainer; the stretchy strength will keep the towel intact when wet.
- Keep lettuce fresh longer by wrapping a paper towel around a head of lettuce to soak up excess moisture.
- Hand wash and dry wine glasses and other stemware using the cloth-like texture of Viva Vantage paper towels for a sparkling finish.
- Replace the need for a vegetable scrubber by utilizing the great scrubbing power of Viva Vantage paper towels to properly clean mushrooms, potatoes, etc.
- Need to chill white wine quickly? Don’t dilute it with ice; wrap a damp paper towel around the bottle and put it in the freezer to chill rapidly.
- Slip a damp paper towel under your cutting board to prevent it from shifting while slicing and dicing.
- Need to get that grime off your stove? The great scrubbing power of Viva Vantage paper towels allows you to clean the toughest messes and restore your kitchen’s shine.
Finding non-traditional ways to use common household tools is a handy trick to make kitchen maintenance easy. So switch things up and see what a difference one item, like a paper towel, can make! Visit Vantage7DaySwitch.com for a coupon to purchase and try Viva Vantage paper towels, share your switch up experience and enter for a chance to instantly win a $100 gift card.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images